Monday, April 5, 2010

Absorb and Abort

Ugh, I just spent like 30 minutes trying to stop a nosebleed. Today has not been a good day for my health.

I don't know what the Hell is wrong with me today. I seriously woke up to blood all over my face, because my nose decided it had too much blood in it and thought it would let it all out. I got up to fix it and more or less fell over because of a splitting pain in my head. I really hope the headache and nosebleed aren't connected. After 15 minutes of stopping the nosebleed (longer than normal, but fairly effortless), I take some Tylenol for the head ache, but it doesn't help at all. The aching persists, but now my head is all stuffy from the medicine.

I ate breakfast and got nauseous. So on top of it all, my stomach hurt, too. I skipped my first class to sit on my floor and make 'euuugh'' and bluuaarhgble' sounds and drink some mint tea for my stomach. I was feeling better after the tea and funny sound making, so I went to the rest of my classes for the day.

But then my stomach started doing that thing again where it hurts wicked bad when I stand, medium bad when I sit, and perfectly fine when I lie down. I have no idea what caused it last time, and I still don't know about it this time. I can't even symptom check that one on WebMD because you can't select the area that hurts on their checker thinger.

The rest of the day went by and I more or less started to feel better. I drank a lot of tea and water and pretty much took it easy.

Then, not even five minutes after I lie down to sleep for the night, I notice a warm dripping/trickling in the back of my throat. I get up to see and yep! My nose is bleeding. And it doesn't stop with my normal means. It takes me a good half hour to get to a point where I don't need to hold a tissue to my face. I got blood all over the floor and I freaked out a girl in the bathroom pretty bad when I went to swap tissues above the sink. Everything's all cleaned up now, but holy cow that was a ton of blood.

I'm a bit dizzy now, but I'm not too worried since I'll be going to bed soon. I don't have anything to eat other than candy in the room, so I don't really know what do to restore my iron or whatever. Maybe I'll just go ahead and eat sugar. And drink water. Gotta be better than nothing right now.

I also shouldn't lie down so soon after a bad nosebleed, but I am really tired and I have an exam tomorrow. So I'm gonna risk it. Wish me luck.

No comments: