Sunday, November 29, 2009

Distrgufuns

I was struck by sudden inspiration to write a song today. I call it "My Noisy Neighbor." It's not done yet--I still need to write all the lyrics and maybe put a tune to them, but I have the chords. They are pretty melancholy for such a stupid song.

Let me show you what I have so far:

Noisy neighbor noisy neighbor
Living in the room next to me
Always up so bright and early
Why you gotta wake up early?

Noisy neighbor noisy neighbor
I have such a disdain for you
Making crashes playing music
How I wish these walls were padded

Noisy neighbor noisy neighbor
I am still in bed and sleeping
You've just had a fight with someone
You are crying before the sun's up

Noisy neighbor noisy neighbor
You talk real loud into your cell phone
Is yelling even necessary?
Please consider a different service

And um... Yeah. The song pretty much goes on in a similar fashion, until I get to the bridge, where I speed everything up and get really stressed because my neighbor is so noisy. And the ending is me apologizing to my neighbor and asking if I can borrow some stuff. Because I guess I'm kind of a jerk like that. And I guess I'm also not passive aggressive enough, because I am writing this song at 11 at night.

So Craig lent me the PS3 game Infamous. I like it so far. I've been playing for hours, but it seems like I've hardly put a notch in the storyline. I guess games nowadays are really long, or something. Or maybe I'm still just really slow. Either way, it's been a good game for keeping my mind off the gnawing hunger. I haven't had anything (decent) to eat since Friday. I've been surviving off tea and hot cocoa, because that is the only food I have, and I don't have the energy to walk all the way off campus to someplace that will serve me food. I got lightheaded just walking down the stairs. Tomorrow morning food service will serve real food, and I can eat and be full and have energy.

Okay, now I'm going to continue writing this song until I fall asleep, or until I pass out. Whichever comes first.

No comments: