Thursday, December 17, 2009

Post Examination

I jinxed it. Jimothy the sea monkey died. I just now noticed it, after getting home tonight. He was alive this morning, but I went to say goodnight to him and noticed he was on the bottom of the tank. His little legs weren't moving, and he didn't respond to a slight jiggling. What a sad day. He shall be missed.

Though, I did notice a new baby sea monkey swimming around in there when I was looking for Jimothy. I doubt the baby will survive while I'm gone, but I'll be sure to give him extra food for the break. I suppose I will see when I get back in January whether it is time to dump the tank, or if I should contemplate buying more food.

Oh well. Jimothy pretty much lasted me my entire first semester of college. That's pretty special.

Oh, a new development! There are now two babies swimming around in the tank, with a possibility of a third. I guess today is Sea Monkey Birthday, or something. The conditions in the tank recently must be just right for hatchlings. I can't wait to see how many are in the tank when I wake up tomorrow.

Enough about sea monkeys. I need to go to sleep, I have a ton of laundry to do and I also have an exam tomorrow.

No comments: