Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Consideratory

So I was planning to sit here and start this post with a comment about how I've been feeling a little down today. But then I saw that two of my five marigolds have flower buds! Oh my gosh! Hooray! They are a few weeks late, but that's okay since all the other flowers have been blooming early, and it's a bit chilly inside the house.

Yessss. These are the first ever plants I've had that didn't die right away.

I'm so elated right now. I can't get over this. These flowers are not dead! They're freaking blooming! Even my cactus rotted from the inside-out, and then got smashed by my brother's substantially larger cactus. My bamboo, which is notoriously easy to take care of, caught a rare disease that turned it black (much like my first goldfish), and my grasses all dried out. I even had a bonsai tree. It caught aphids, despite being an indoor plant. And then it died as well.

So here I am, with a tiny pot, some dirt, and some seeds, and flowers are growing. This is possibly the best thing I have ever done. I've made life, when usually I kill things horribly. I don't even think I could have a pregnancy go this well, and that's what I've been designed to do.

Whee hee! I'm not a failure!

Hah hah hah hah!

Also: I'm getting that tooth removed tomorrow. It will go smoothly. But I will feel awful afterwards. I want to make a blog post at the end of tomorrow just to see how it turns out.

Wait! Two more things! I will combine them into one, for your convenience.

I've gotten quite a bit farther on my puzzle. I'll bet that if I stayed up all night, I'd have 45% of it done by daybreak. While puzzling, I've been listening to an audiobook. I know that audiobooks are lame, but it was either that or I turn the TV up really loud. What I listened to was The Invisible Man, by H. G. Wells.

I love H. G. Wells. His books are sort, but the stories are full and complete. I also love how you don't really know the main characters' names. I haven't finished The Time Traveler yet, but in Invisible Man you don't find out his name until near the end. Knowing his name just made me identify with him even more (even though I was supposed to identify with him less, as he had become a horrible monster) and I nearly cried at the end. It at the very least sent shivers up my spine. What a great book.

AUGH there was a spider on my computer. Now I'm all freaked out and nervous.

No comments: