Monday, June 29, 2009

Disintegration

I thought I'd try to get this entry out before it became tomorrow.

T minus 29 seconds.

Man, it has been so long since I've logged into Blogger that they've gone ahead and forgotten my e-mail and password. And then they forgot how to work, and crashed when I clicked to make a new post. I had to get to this Create-A-Post screen in a very roundabout way.

Heh, roundabout. That's totally one of those odd words I use all the time.

This is my apology for not making a post in two weeks. And coming next: My excuse for not posting. You see, I was out of town, visiting Griffin. And when I came back, I felt like absolute shit. It was just a series of shitty events, all working together to bring down my mood. So I thought I'd take a break from Ubiquity, and spare everyone the over-emotional posts I would create.

Do you remember how forever ago I was under the impression that I was getting a tooth pulled? But then it didn't happen. Well, now it's going to happen, and it is happening this Wednesday. Which is actually tomorrow, I guess, considering Monday is/has ended. My wisdom tooth will be removed. I will be starved for 12 hours and 45 minutes before the operation, I will take strong pain medications, I will be knocked out, and I will bleed all over the damned place. I'm going to miss my wisdom tooth, since I use it for eating.

Seems like every time I really need a tooth for chewing, they pull it out. This will be my 5th tooth to be surgically removed from my jaw. Though, this is the only one to be considered major surgery. It's really just minor surgery. I mean, the recuperation time is what, until later that evening? And then it is two weeks of being careful of what you eat, and a month or so of being annoyed by the hole in your head.

I'll probably disagree with that statement when I'm done being knocked out and am bleeding everywhere.

Did I mention? I plan to bleed profusely. Just get it all over everything. Like when you have a cat with a bladder infection, just--Aww, damnit Kelly, you bled on the sofa! But you can't get mad, because it's not like I can control it. You can try to give me pills and maybe they will do something, but it'll be a pain in the ass to get me to eat them. And I'll probably just bleed on you anyways.

On a different note, I bought a jigsaw puzzle. I spend about five hours every day sitting in front of that stupid puzzle. It is so difficult. It is two colors, green and purply. And I have maybe five square inches done, despite about 10 hours of work being put into it. I have bruises on my elbows where I leaned on them to put some peices together for a few hours. All of this time, effort, and pain put into some funky looking peices of cardboard. And I'm doing it all on this mat that's supposed to let you roll up the puzzle when you're done and put it away, but the mat is all wrinkly and bumpy in a big way. So I get some peices put togther, and then it all falls apart because there is some huge wrinkle in the mat.

Seriously, though, I can't get enough of this puzzle.

1 comment:

Nils said...

Dunno if you already got your other wisdom tooth out, but if you have a good Oral surgeon you should work out fine fast-- it really depend son whether he does open sockets or if he sows the shut afterwards. my roommate had Open sockets done and made the stupid mistake of eating meat... it was kind of stuck... and was rotting in his mouth for about a week. nasty.