Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cat Carde

Do you ever read a book of poetry, and then feel like writing a bunch of poetry yourself? And then you do, and realize it's awful, but you show your friends anyways to get their opinion of it and they all tell you it's great, so you think maybe you just don't get your own poetry or you're more humble than you thought, so you write a bunch more poetry and your friends are always telling you how much they look forward to your next poem, and eventually you decide to get yourself published but the publishers all just laugh in your face and tell you what you write is horrible crap, and you realize that your friends never actually liked your poetry but were just trying to be nice and encourage you to do what you loved, but you can't help but feel like they're all dicks for not giving you their actual opinion of your poetry in the first place, and you feel like you could have avoided a lot of embarrassment if your friends were just more honest people? Yeah, that happens to me like, all the time.

Oh my gosh, I have been waiting forever for this girl to finish up her two loads of laundry so I can do my five. I let her go ahead and do a load after I had finished only two, because I was being polite and I thought what we'd do was trade off using the washer so that we could both get things done in the most efficient manner. But instead she does her two loads one right after another, and then uses all of the dryers and leaves her clothes in the washer. It's been over an hour since all of the machines finished, and it's time for her to get her ass back in there and put her clothes where they belong. And it really pisses me off, because I have no pants to wear, they're all waiting in the laundry room to be cleaned. So I've just been wearing a really long shirt and really tall socks and hoping nobody will notice. I was absolutely positive I'd be wearing pants by now. Also, I don't think this girl lives on our floor, so she shouldn't be using the washer anyways.

I am bitchy today because I had all of these plans to hang with friends, but they all came down with the flu. So instead I've been doing cleaning chores in my chilly room. What I'd love to do is make chicken soup for all of them, but I'd probably catch the flu and I don't know where everyone lives to deliver it. Also, that'd be a ton of chicken soup to make, and I just don't have the things I need to do it. I also tried to scratch together enough change to buy some candy from the vending machine, but all I have is Canadian coins. Which is really odd. Who the fuck gave me change in Canadian money?

I ran out of things to clean so I scrubbed down the lightswitch, thermostat, and doorknob. There was a frightening amount of grime on all of it, probably decades worth of grime. Then I disinfected pretty much everything in the room. I doubt I'll be getting the flu now, but my neighbor keeps making these grizly coughing sounds, and I swear to god it sounds like she's trying to cough through the wall at me and make me sick. Just listening to her makes me want to wash my hands. Man, when did I turn into such a germophobe?

No comments: