Thursday, August 7, 2008

Covetry Carol

Oh my goodness, I am so tired. And my hands are covered in paint. So I suppose I am tired and messy.

A nice chunk of yesterday was spent scraping bits of flaking paint off of the garage doors. While I was washing the doors off with the hose, I managed to soak the number pad that I use to get in and out of the garage. Since I do not have a house key, and my parents removed the cat door out back, it is my only way to get in the house. And now, this number pad does not work. I managed to lock myself out of the house last night after I has finished rinsing the doors, and ended up knocking to get in. I checked the pad again today, and the buttons made a squishy sound and the doors did not open. Lesigh.

Then an even larger chunk of today was spend priming the garage doors. Really, I think I just painted them white. I don't know what the difference between a primer and a white paint is. Everything was going smoothly, but the first door took forever. I had made sure to start in the morning (Either 10 or 10:30, I'm not certain) so that I would have plenty of time to paint before the sun hit the house. At about noon, I finished the first door, and went inside to eat. I also rinsed off the brush so that the paint wouldn't dry on it and set in.

Even though a ring of paint dried on it and set in while I was still painting. I can't believe I ruined the brush like that.

At about 12:30 I went back outside to paint the other door, only to see that the sun was hitting that side of the house pretty hard. Also, since I could not get the brush completely dry before painting, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of that door has some pretty thin paint. But I did notice the paint went on easier for that door. I claim it was the water in the brush. Don't know what good it is for the paint, though.

Just as I finished the sun went behind a tree and covered the house in shadow. Bastard.

Spent some time scrubbing at the brush to get the ring paint off it, with no luck. So now it's hanging on the clothesline with the wimpiest clothes hanger I've ever seen. Though, it's holding onto the handle of that paintbrush pretty well, so I guess I shouldn't mock it.


Been hearing voices all day. The creepiest voice in the world, always sounds raspy and like it's outside the room I'm in. Keeps making me think someone broke into the house, but I've been home alone. I'll worry when I can understand what it's saying, and it's telling me to do things.

No comments: