Monday, August 4, 2008

Mega Last

I was well on my way again today doing absolutely nothing, but then I sat down at my computer and got to work on a little project I've been planning.

I've been wanting to make one of those illusion or shadow scarves ever since I first heard about them last year. But I also wanted to make the design myself, instead of using one I found online. So I planned to make two, each with a different design that is somehow important to the friend I gift it to. Today I finally sat down and planned out the pattern for the first scarf. It was grueling. I was almost half way through before I realized I had messed up, and needed to start over. After a couple hours of staring at the computer screen, burning out my eyes, and making tedious repetitive clicking motions, I finally finished. I really hope the pattern turns out alright, because I don't have the attention span to do it more than once.

I've started knitting it today, too, but I keep messing up before I even get to the important part. I've never really done anything more complicated than a garter stitch and adding a second color. But at least I'm catching myself before the scarf is well under way--It only takes about 15 minutes to start over. I've got it all figured out now, so I'm ready to really get to work on this puppy!

Strangely enough, I'm knitting two scarves at once. A very simple one, and a slightly complicated one. I wonder how this will work out for me.

By the way, movie today was Castle in the Sky.

No comments: