Sunday, August 31, 2008

Drabberty

School starts on Wednesday. I do not want to go. I don't feel like there has been enough time between last year and next year. It will be nice to see my friends. And I hope the classes I signed up for are interesting. But looking at my schedule, I am fairly certain I'll be bored in half of my classes.

I am going to make a prediction. About what my grades will be like for this first semester. I'm basing this on my current level of interest for the subjects.
1st, Food Science - B
2nd, Photography - A
3rd, Practice Writing Composition - D
4th, Japanese V - A
5th, Senior Social Studies - D
6th, World History - C

I'm being modest with the D's and C's. Totally underestimating how badly I'm gonna fail those three classes. It's not that I'm poor at those subjects. In fact, I usually get 100% on my essays. But that's just it--I get 100% on my essays. I get so bored. I can't be challenged in an English class; all you can add is more tedious work and restrictions to the way I write. So I just don't write essays, I just don't read the boring books they hand me. Same with History classes. I just don't care enough to do the work, because I know when it gets handed back it'll be a high grade.

... Bah. I don't want to go back to school. I think on my own too much to be able to listen to my teachers.

No comments: