Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quaketh

So I spent a nice chunk of today hanging with a dear friend at her house. I suppose one might say we had some catching up to do, since it had been a couple months since we talked face to face. And I suppose what one with a normal social life would have done was gone over past events in their life. You know, to catch up. But I don't lead much of a normal social life, so instead we talked about the things that happened in the now. It's important to live in the present, after all; No use lingering in the past.

Would have been much more enjoyable had her brother not been there. He doesn't keep very good company at all.

I'm getting better at these ukulele songs I've been practicing. I'm even getting a hang of strumming without any sort of pick. It just took a bit of time to get used to such a quiet sound. I'm so used to instruments being loud. Now I just need to get in the habit of strumming correctly, with the right beat. I seem to keep falling back into the same old pattern.

No comments: