Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sublimeration

So all week this week, I keep thinking that something interesting happened over spring break, and I want to blog about it. But as soon as I open up the blog, I forget what it was. This is the most obnoxious thing in the world.

So I am very excited for prom and then graduation. I don't think you can completely comprehend the sheer magnitude of my excitement. I mean, 38 days until prom, 64 days until graduation, and 47 days of school left. And I don't have anything to keep track of those numbers with. (Five weeks until prom, ten weeks until graduation, by the way.) The theme for prom this year is Arabian Nights. Apparently they voted on it during lunch, and nobody bothered to ask me. So I can't even say what the other choices were, but at least this theme isn't so awful. Plus, we could all go eat at Aladdin's before the dance. We know the owner there, and he always gives us the best service (probably because we tip our friends well).

Sakuracon is this weekend. I won't be going, but my brother will be flying out just to attend. And then he will be staying a week with us. This will be the first time I've seen him since he moved out. Mum didn't realize this until I told her last night--I haven't seen my brother in almost a year and a half. Mum and dad have gone out to see him a few times, but I've always been busy with school and couldn't come along. She seemed to feel absolutely terrible that she never took me along. So I'm going to see if I can milk this guilt: I want a limo on prom night, and I want to go to graduation night. Expensive, yes, but she's been keeping me from my own brother.

(A little research later: Gosh, limos are expensive. For that price, I'd rather spend a week in Maine.)

For some reason, Othello is still alive. He's been a bit sluggish since I had Amber take care of him over break, but he's still kickin' and floatin' and eatin'. And I can only assume that he has been pooping. Though, if he dies, I think I will get another fish that looks just like him. But this time, I will name it Batman. That sleek black body, that flowing tail--He is Batfish, and he is there to protect Gotham Tank. I could then get him a little plastic (bat)cave, and maybe a plastic Robin doll for him to adopt and occaisionally be responsible for his death.

Hee, what a neat idea. I amuse myself.

No comments: