Thursday, July 30, 2009

Memorization

Sam Jinks is a sculptor in Melbourne. He specializes in super realistic (that is a technical term) sculptures of people that come across as creepy and disturbing. Google him, and you'll understand exactly what I mean.

As striking as his work is, he is not some new amazing artist on the rise. He has been around for quite a while. There is a small section about him in my art history textbook, and everybody knows that textbooks are always outdated. I bought this textbooks two years ago.

So would artsy blogs please stop writing about him? It's getting beyond annoying.
Thank you.

On another note, I am going to Seattle tomorrow. I really want to go, because it's been a very long time since I have been to Uwajimaya's. I've been planning the trip for maybe a week, and I'd have gone sooner except that my friend going with me has been out of town. Now, we are both a little reluctant to go because of the weather. Yesterday the temperature got up to 105˚ in Seattle. It set a new record. It wasn't quite as hot today, and it will probably be a little more bearable tomorrow, but anything above 90˚ is pretty much unheard of in this area. It will definitely be above 90 tomorrow. And we will most likely be walking.

I figure we will go to Uwajimaya's, buy things and generally shop, eat lunch there, and then trek over to Pike's Place like tourists. It'll be a Friday, so it'll be crowded, but not as bad as a Saturday. And then we will want to eat some nice cold gelato, head that way, only to find that the tiny tiny shop is completely packed. Then it will be just too hot (for me) and we will head home tired.

Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is that I need to wake up kinda early tomorrow in an attempt to beat the crowds and heat, so I am going to sleep now.

No comments: