Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reconsideration

I really want a Sony Reader. Oh my God. I am this close to turning this into a blog about the Sony Reader. I want to give somebody money for it by the end of tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to Seattle and had a jolly good time. I don't know why I don't go over there more often. Afterwards I got to mess around with Amber's Amazon Kindle and Kindle 2. I really hate the Kindle now. The placement of the page turn buttons are odd, and so much space is taken up by the keyboard. Not to mention how awkward the keyboard is. I read a short story on one, and I enjoyed the e-paper experience. I just hated picking the damn thing up and accidentally hitting two buttons. Every time.

So I feel justified in my decision to get a Reader.

I finally talked to my dad about the Reader, and he seemed open-minded about it. It's not like he could stop me from buying one, but I'd like his approval before buying an expensive gadget. He suggested that I go to a store somewhere and play with one, and compare it to the Kindle. It seemed like good advice, so I thought I'd go do that tomorrow. And then I'd exclaim my love for the Reader, and buy one online immediately.

I keep having dreams about the Reader. Every morning I wake up and reach for where I'd store the thing, wanting to read it. Everytime I am bored and need entertainment, I think "Oh! I'll just go and get my Reader and..." and then feel hollow inside. I can honestly say that I have never wanted to buy something so bad in my life.

No comments: