Monday, August 17, 2009

Preface

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I don't like packing. I don't mind it when I'm packing for a vacation, but right now I'm packing so that I can live my life somewhere else. I just don't like it. I packed a few precious things into this little bag that used to belong to my grandmother, and it made me intensely sad. There are some things I really want to take with me, but are too valuable to risk losing. But at the same time, I can't bear to leave them behind. It's such a predicament.

Oh well. I'll be back to visit in just a couple months. I suppose I can grab anything I've been missing then.

So my mum and I have been trying to open up alternate means of communication so that we can stay in touch while I'm away. She never turns on her cellphone, so texting is right out. We're both on the computer a lot, so I guess the internet seems to be the most natural thing. She started a Twitter and a Facebook, and I've made sure that she has my email. She's made some great strides these past few months adapting to social networking technology. Which is more than I can say about myself; I've never really liked social networking sites.

I've been meaning to ask her if she has a webcam. When Billy was moving out, I remember that she was planning to get one as a way to keep in touch with him. But that plan fell through, as Billy never really intended to keep in touch. If she doesn't have one, I thought I'd give her my old one, and set it up for her, along with a Skype account. Or, if she does have one, just get her a Skype account, I guess. I'm sure she'd love webcamming with me.

My mum, being the sweet person that she is, just emailed me the numerology compatibility report for Griffin and me. She used to do the horoscopes for her school newspaper, so I guess she's into that sort of thing. I found it pretty accurate when identifying our different personalities, but it was a bit odd when actually talking about our compatibility. Here's the link, if you're interested. I hope the link doesn't break.

No comments: