Saturday, June 28, 2008

Phoaming

Oh wow it's like I never even woke up today.

There was a power outage today. It was a little bit interesting. First, there was that quick flicker characteristic of a coming outage, then a deep and resounding boom--As if the actual power plant had some mightily massive switch that actually switched off. I was in the middle of a game on the internet, so you can imagine my extreme reaction. I got up and read a book by the window.
Take that electricity!
But I had to read it downstairs, since the window in my room is too tiny to light my room properly.

The power came back on about 30 minutes later.

So I had this dream last night. And I actually refuse to put it online. This one's been haunting me all day. It's a rare thing, you see, for a dream to actually have an effect me, especially a negative one. I have a lot of weird dreams--horrific and bloody dreams--but I always shrug them off in the morning. After all, they're just dreams, right? They may hurt, but they can't do any real damage. But this one has tipped the scales. It was just too much. In it, this one song played; an actual song by a real band. I had forgotten about it until it started playing on my computer during the daily shuffle. And for a moment there, I was frozen, lost in that dream again. I suppose you could say I had a taste of what it's like to have a war flashback, because I really thought it was all happening again.

The weird thing is, it wasn't even a scary dream. Quite the opposite, really.

No comments: