Saturday, September 12, 2009

OH SHI

Look at what I made. Look look look.

Have you looked yet? Go take a look. Because it took me all day to make it, and it wasn't nearly as easy as to should have been. I had everything sketched out in Devilshop Elements

Woah, major distraction. Out of nowhere I stood up to go buy icecream. And I did.

Anyways, I drew it in Devilshop, only to realize that it had no pen tool. How am I supposed to make comics with no pen tool? It's not like I can use a real pen. That would ruin my screen. So I downloaded Gimp, because I used it once and hated it, but it has some really devoted followers. I hated it this second time, but at least it had a pen tool. And once I figured out some of its quirks (The tool tray is a seperate window? Really?) I was able to at least ink everything. But then I realized I wasn't able to select and move parts of an image around, and I started throwing things. I shattered a really good pen against the brick wall, but thankfully I cleaned it up before the ink started leaking everywhere. I moved the image back into Devilshop, and got everything finished without too much problem after that. But I'm still angry about it.

Fucking... Gimp. Motherfucker. That's all I can say to describe my experience with it.

I wish I could say I did more with my day, but I didn't. There was even a big football game, but I didn't go for some reason. I avoided my homework pretty nicely, though. That'll come back to bite me in the butt during my first exam. Which will be on... MONDAY FUCK. I haven't started two of the books yet!

No comments: