Friday, September 25, 2009

Parity Addition

So grandma is doing alright after her surgery. Dad sent me a quick text about it, and then his phone died, so I don't know much about it. This first night is going to be the worst for her... And then hopefully things will start getting better. I'm hoping the best for her.

There must have been some sort of culture presentation today, because some Native Americans erected a tepee and started dancing on a stage on the main drag on campus. It was pretty cool; I've always liked the way they dress and dance. Their songs are a bit too harsh for me, but I can't argue with a strong beat. At the end, the guy with the most awesome outfit started rapping about Jesus and goodwill. It actually made me a little sad... I've never much appreciated colonialization.

Umm... Some other things happened, but it's all school related stuff and I don't care so much about it anymore. This seems to be a pretty shitty Friday. Everyone I know is having problems of some sort today. I guess I should be happy that it's over now, and it is Saturday.

No comments: