Friday, September 26, 2008

Transmoglification

Augggh, blarrg. Why do I do this to myself? I am allergic to chocolate, so I ate some, and now I feel like crap. I took some aspirin and I chugged some water, and soon I will lay down and sleep it off. I swear, eating chocolate gives me a hangover. I can't help but to eat it, though; when you wrap it around cookie dough I can't resist.

Oh, cookie dough. If I were to get fat, it would be your fault, and I would be okay with it.
(Just don't sit in an oven or anything)

So a couple weeks ago I was digging around in a really old jewelry box of mine, and found this nice little ring. I put it on my finger, and was pleased that it fit so well. Rings don't usually fit me, my knuckles are oddly knobby, so rings will either slide around a lot or not come off. In fact, this ring I tried on a couple weeks ago will not come off. Actually, it will, I took it off once. And then put it back on, thinking I'd be able to do it again. But no, it's still there, on the ring finger of my right hand. Sigh.
Isn't that where promise rings go?
Every finger has significance when it comes to rings, but the only one well known by our society is the ring finger of the left hand. I'm not even sure what the other fingers mean, but it doesn't matter. I just find it interesting what we choose to collectively forget and simplify. We'll remember things that identify ourselves (birth stones, horoscopes), but we forget things that signify others. Humans are so selfish.

So I just saw Ghost Town. It was a delightful movie, I'm glad I saw it. About this guy to suddenly finds himself with the ability to see ghosts, and he is the only one who can. So all of the ghosts want his help, since they have unfinished business. A true romantic comedy, I thought. By the way, he falls in love with some woman. Whatever.

Whee, tomorrow I check out about volunteering for the haunted house. The theme this year is time traveling. I so badly want to join in on the fun.

Oh, blech, the aspirin is kicking in. I'd better sleep.

No comments: